1919 Chevy Bucket

Got my Radius rods from RPM...need work
RadiusRods3.jpg

RadiusRods2.jpg

RadiusRods.jpg

RadiusRods5.jpg

RadiusRods1.jpg

RadiusRods4.jpg

ChopperDave, welding cosmetics aside, do you feel that the welds were unsafe or poorly done ? I couldn't detect any misalignment or unevenness in the pictures you posted. So they would appear to be functionally accurate and useable, just cosmetically challenged.

This is to RPM - Is this representative of the quaility of work you produce ? Not sayin' the welds are good or bad. If they are structurally sound and you are happy with the quality/cost/profit factors, then it is what it is.

John

These are custom made one of parts for Dave. There is nothing wrong with the strength of the welds. The new guy did not buff the the welds before they were shipped. They never made it to inventory. They should never of got out of the shop looking like that, but 2 minutes on a wire wheel and they will be just fine.

I have already told Dave if he could not buff them off to just send them back, and we will be happy to give him a refund.

Grinding is an Art, I had an old fellow teach me how to do it right, when I thought I was doing it right, but not... He said to try and always go with the long length, and not sideways, not against or across the tube, keeps things nice and flat, even on a rear end housing... Build safe and enjoy the ride :) Looking good, love the fact that you want something different...

ChopperDave, welding cosmetics aside, do you feel that the welds were unsafe or poorly done ? I couldn't detect any misalignment or unevenness in the pictures you posted. So they would appear to be functionally accurate and useable, just cosmetically challenged.

This is to RPM - Is this representative of the quaility of work you produce ? Not sayin' the welds are good or bad. If they are structurally sound and you are happy with the quality/cost/profit factors, then it is what it is.

John
You or anyone else can not beat RPM's price and quality for Radius rods, all you need to do is a little bit of hand filing to get that custom look... I myself would buy Radius Rods from RPM, I can not make them and sell them for that money, money well spent for His Radius rods I'd say... Ride safe :)

IMO the welds are fine structurally i.e. heat/penetration, just not cosmetically. I have ground the radius rods and as soon as my friend's son can get to it we are going to do a TIG wash over the area just to pretty them up for powdercoat...
IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

and some more

IMG_2162.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

Long low n cool. Just the way I like them. I wanted the same width on my rear end but had to shave a couple of inches off so it would fit in the garage. Oh well perhaps if the lottery numbers came up I could buy a house to fit my T
Gerry

Looking great :angry:

Dave you certainly have a plan in mind. I like the way the frame rails have come out. 1/4 elliptic up front? What sort of engine? V8, V10, V12? What will the wheel base be?

John

Dave you certainly have a plan in mind. I like the way the frame rails have come out. 1/4 elliptic up front? What sort of engine? V8, V10, V12? What will the wheel base be?

John

The front suspension (crossleaf style) will be hung off the radius rods, two short springs and air bags...

sortof like this:

aircrossmember5.jpg

1988 BBC 030 over 454 and here is the latest update:

Look what showed up in my garage

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

large7482P-1.jpg

Progress Report

Purchased
1. Wheels & tires
2. Air ride components
3.Corvair box
4.Hydraulic roller cam kit

IMG_0254.jpg

will post more pics later... going to go get everything out of the container and into the shop and do some work (play) today

pray for the big brown truck. Might want to start thinking what plan you have for the wiring maybe ron francis A quality kit but pricey.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back