Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

1919 Chevy Bucket

pray for the big brown truck. Might want to start thinking what plan you have for the wiring maybe ron francis A quality kit but pricey.

Or the Fed-Ex guy, as he is holding my 700R4 hostage somewhere in Texas. I've used Ron's kits in the past, and made my own when using cloth covered wire...this time tho going to use a local (WA state) business.
see here: http://www.4wheelinjunkycomoffroadproducts.com/servlet/the-34/hot-rod-rat-rod/Detail

you can see its all I need for this build

Nice clean job, looks like you will have plenty of leg room by keeping the body on top of the rails. ?

Almost every T-Bucket is built with the body channeled over a rectangular frame and as my "Theme" is "Sorta like a T-Bucket only its a little different cuz its a Chevy." I decided at the outset to build it "Highboy" style so I could fit down in the car, hence the pinched rails following the body contour to give me a little more room for my butt.

Got the rear kickup fabbed and welded on over the weekend.

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

And Done:

IMG_0268.jpg

I really put the heat to these and because of the amount of stress this join will see I ground them flat and will fab outside fishplates for inside/outside and bottom, with a gusset that follows the bodyline on the top.

Worked on laying out the front airspring crossmember, and will get to the rear framehorn/loop next week...

Got my Firestone 135/15's from Coker mounted up and did another mockup to measure for the air suspension this weekend.... Here are some more pics:

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Where is this build now? Is it done or has it been shelved? Anyone know?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back