Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Bike shocks?

Overview of V-Factor Narrow Body Adjustable Length Shock Absorbers - 29020
  • 2 in. o.d. of this shock absorber makes it the perfect choice for those space limited custom applications
  • Lowers motorcycle up to 1 3/4 in.
  • Includes aluminum spacers for proper heim end spacing
  • Sold in pairs
  • Bike shocks.jpg

Bike shocks?

Overview of V-Factor Narrow Body Adjustable Length Shock Absorbers - 29020
  • 2 in. o.d. of this shock absorber makes it the perfect choice for those space limited custom applications
  • Lowers motorcycle up to 1 3/4 in.
  • Includes aluminum spacers for proper heim end spacing
  • Sold in pairs
  • View attachment 11741
yup, i been into the motorcycle books, go cart books... we getting warm.... if i build a bolt with a welded spacer in middle and nut on both ends i could tighten shoc on one side and shackle on other. keep it thin in the middle kinda like speedway shackle?

I was thinking the same thing. Keep the shackle side loose and the shock side tight.

Maybe back to back shoulder bolts?

91259a537p2-b01l.png

Cooter I have a pic saved from this site that might work. Since posting pics here is a hassle (I am not willing so sign up for photo bucket. I think you should just be able to attach a photo from your own computer) If you email me I will email you a copy of the pic. guill.danny@gmail.com

077_zpsu66pz2yu.jpg
i know.. lets change directions with a set of shock extenders!! cut me a slot so i can straddel the 3rd hole in shackle strap, run bolt through and then shock bolt is now running parrallel to frame and axle..

As always, how bout an outside, back up a ways, profile shot.

John

BTW, where's the white VHT for the extensions ? Will your motor need to be broken in? Doesn't some one here have a sacrificial set of headers for the break in so you can change over to the nicely painted headers for the car show?

Last edited:
As always, how bout an outside, back up a ways, profile shot.

John

BTW, where's the white VHT for the extensions ? Will your motor need to be broken in? Doesn't some one here have a sacrificial set of headers for the break in so you can change over to the nicely painted headers for the car show?
Seasoned motor.. Came out of a running 56 chevy truck. Runs like a champ.. I need to buy some more paint.. Pics soon.

cooter, couldn't you put a Z bend in these brackets to offset them a 1/2" more?

coot.jpg

www.allensfasteners.com

These guys have a lot of goodies. Great service. I've given them a lot of business lately.

Grade 8 chrome button heads.Chrome_Button_Head 300.jpg

I thought about that. Press brake woukd be nice or get ron to mske me some.

With something like these, I just score it half way through with a cutoff wheel. Put the bends in it, and weld the gaps.

Are you going to build a second plate for the opposite side of the spring and connect it to the shock also? Possibly have a spacer in between the 2 plates?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back