032_zps7mrykvmr.jpg
033_zpsnx92nqit.jpg
034_zps9qbw9ngp.jpg
035_zps7a2qt2tf.jpg
036_zpspbyxmxht.jpg

Well there'ya go.

The simplest solutions are always best.

Mr Pope & any one else with an opinion.

Would it be better to run two bat wings per side with the clevis replaced with a spherical end. Kind of like a double shear mount?

Mr Pope & any one else with an opinion.

Would it be better to run two bat wings per side with the clevis replaced with a spherical end. Kind of like a double shear mount?
Generally speaking , the single batwing/clevis arrangement puts the bolt in double shear & is m/l the standard..going to double batmings is used when going to a 4-link arrangement w/bushings... so..no , I see no advantage to double batwings in his situation
dave

Reactions: RPM
While your working on your front end... add gussets to the bat wings BEFORE all the flexing brakes the welds at the axle. If you have your springs apart, radius the leading edges of the leafs

020_zps9qsxe1tv.jpg
021_zpscxdet6uq.jpg
022_zpskedqqyjk.jpg
023_zpstfwtwdq3.jpg
workin on upper mounts this morning. gonna have to cut them down to match my fancy shocks i built. think ill just weld upper mount on instead of bolting it on. im ready to finish this frame so i can take it all apart again.

Could you mount the down leg of the mount on the outside of the frame ... nutserts would make it pretty easy ...
dave

Could you mount the down leg of the mount on the outside of the frame ... nutserts would make it pretty easy ...
dave
i thought about it.. look cleaner this way. shocks look better leaned in instead of straight up and down.

How about a shock that has rod ends and can be run upside down compared to other shocks or like it's shown in the picture. Since I can't post a pic, you will have to look at the link.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hal-7543

Last edited:
last pic sucks.. camera kept focusing in the distance. grrrr

Most cameras focus on what's in the center of the picture. But many
cameras will also focus will the button pushed half way down, then
move the camera to recompose the picture, then push the button the
rest of the way down. Wahla you have a focused picture !!!

Most cameras focus on what's in the center of the picture. But many
cameras will also focus will the button pushed half way down, then
move the camera to recompose the picture, then push the button the
rest of the way down. Wahla you have a focused picture !!![/QUOTEcamera phone

got my windshield posts from ron. need to figure out how to build windshield frame so i know where posts go so i can finish dash and steering column reinforcements and get it all tied together.. where do i start?

Ask Ron what width w/s frame fits his body best...cut a piece of 3/4 ply that width , round the edges ..that will appoximate your new windshield so you can "bed" your posts & keep them square to the body....
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back