Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

I wrapped my actual column with 2 layers of clear packing tape to make the tubes. (Longer than you need).

Waxed that up real good.

Slid a 1X4 with a 2" hole in my case to the top. That gave me a way to tap the tube off afterward.

And just wrapped a continuous strip of glass round and round until the thickness I wanted.

The 1/8" slots run about half the tube's lengths.

048_zpsdcgf0ztd.jpg
087_zpsbebjl5vx.jpg
088_zps53buu3fw.jpg
089_zpskeauut6y.jpg
090_zpsfcxa8yc4.jpg
091_zps0qzmfsai.jpg
092_zpsuqhqnaoi.jpg
094_zpsyfeheota.jpg
114_zpszsmbx4uy.jpg
115_zpsnpmd3q0r.jpg
040_zpsjzvq1rbg.png

i want to get this frame finished so i can get it welded up and painted.. still need to figure out front shock mounts, headlight stands, ford entry steps on both sides, and i believe thats it?

Cooter,

Congrats on very nice clear pictures that are well lighted and focused. It's a
pleasure to browse such pics and quite interesting to the eye.

Cooter,

Congrats on very nice clear pictures that are well lighted and focused. It's a
pleasure to browse such pics and quite interesting to the eye.
ThI try to make pics as clear as possible. Understandable to all those viewing and hope that someone after me will find them beneficial in their build...

049_zpsfdms0id4.jpg
051_zpspancn2ft.jpg
052_zpszzhakjg2.jpg
053_zpsnlujiaog.jpg
055_zpsezgxwjjs.jpg
056_zpseru6mbhq.jpg
057_zpsrf2e0dtg.jpg
059_zps6kdlkhph.jpg
061_zps1efa7zct.jpg
066_zpso0urd5xt.jpg
070_zpsfutr5hno.jpg
072_zps73xxf6rb.jpg
075_zpsveg1um6k.jpg
074_zpsovkepsoc.jpg
shortened my ron pope steering column down some.. feels good.. easy in and out with disconnect.. any comments before i tack swivel to shaft?

174_zpspfm49xrw.jpg
175_zpsb2ijypzx.jpg
176_zpslb3slymn.jpg
200_zpscoolsr1v.jpg
201_zpswvyorf9t.jpg
202_zpsxa2isrvb.jpg
203_zpswbexcphw.jpg
204_zpsmucibufa.jpg
205_zpswuhjheg9.jpg
206_zps04a711x5.jpg
207_zpsixsythk2.jpg
lots of work accomplished.. special thanks to ron for the glass work.. im slower than christmas keepin this man resin mixed.. lol... jarrett says even if i could telaport i couldnt be fast enough... pretty bad when your own son takes sides and it aint on my side...lol...

Your wood work looks really well done. Would moving the steering wheel a little close to the dash give you a bit more leg room? Or, maybe notch the dash maybe 1" up. That would make a lot of difference. Your steering joints should take close to 30 degrees. You have come a long way in your build, and I have enjoyed all the pictures. Nice to have a good helper also.
Lee

Steering wheel was set to my driving position. See how i rest my leg, hand lays right on leg for restfull two finger driving..

I need to figure my front shocks out so i can finish this frame so i can take it all apart and finish welding and paint.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back