Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

I like your sons speedway hat, cheap skates never sent me a hat. I order something every other week it seams, should have about 30 hats by now. OH WELL.:rolleyes:
I had to buy them... Tight wads should send me some as much as I buy. Want some stickers? I have a stack 1" deep

IMG_20160417_150042004_zps23ya2udz.jpg
IMG_20160417_194823857_HDR_zps1f8unlmf.jpg

IMG_20160419_164653928_zpsm89eixmh.jpg
layer #1 done
IMG_20160419_171134323_HDR_zps35cdqevk.jpg
layer #2 ready for resin
maybe an obvious question but, what are all the blocks being used for ? Very good pics by the way, I will be glassing my floor in soon. What type of materials are you using and where are you getting them ?

Blocks keep the mat layin flat where it comes off the roll and keeps breeze from blowin it off. I use non waxed resin from advanced plastics

Cooter, are you gonna close up the sides?

Wouldn't be to hard to fill the edges in with some foam, and a layer of glass over it. It would add some strength for sure. I know you are about tired of glass work.

I like your sons speedway hat, cheap skates never sent me a hat. I order something every other week it seams, should have about 30 hats by now. OH WELL.:rolleyes:

I'll bet you have plenty of bumper stickers though! I could wall paper my garage with the collection I have.......they send at least 2 in every order

Wouldn't be to hard to fill the edges in with some foam, and a layer of glass over it. It would add some strength for sure. I know you are about tired of glass work.
Wonder if I just painted end grains with resin? It will soak up and seal. Lord knows the plywood has enough strength.

Sure wish i had You're skill trying to get this glass to make that turn at all them end grains...

There's no way to get mat to take a 90° outer turn. But you can easily lay the edges up separately. 3/4" strips.

Yep, that would work. Or pocket screwed (toenailed) plywood.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back