Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

The T in my head, thoughts?

If those guys put a little more thought into that set up they could have mounted the clutch MC forward in the gap between the X member and the new bracket. That would allow the brake servo to be put where the Clutch MC is and have a straight rod from the pedal. I HATE fabricated or bent rods to the brake MC. Looks to me like they engineered themselves into a compromise. Just a personal thing.

Nice off the shelf pedal set up you have there.

If those guys put a little more thought into that set up they could have mounted the clutch MC forward in the gap between the X member and the new bracket. That would allow the brake servo to be put where the Clutch MC is and have a straight rod from the pedal. I HATE fabricated or bent rods to the brake MC. Looks to me like they engineered themselves into a compromise. Just a personal thing.

Nice off the shelf pedal set up you have there.
Agree 100% on the MC rods

FWIW, I had to fabricate pedals, linkage, bell crank, and all to get the manual controls and brakes under the cab. I too want to be able to remove the body and leave most controls in tact. I ended up making it so the pedal pads are removed to lift the body off. My steering column is mounted to the tub between the pedals when they are depressed fully. It’s very tight in a standard tub with three pedals. I would have liked to be able to use pre fabbed pedal assemblies, like the wildwood for my t 56, but I couldn’t find the space. Good luck, looking good. If it was too easy, what would the point be? Lol.

Where the steering box is mounted under the dash in the " cowl" then the pitman shaft comes out the side of the cowl , sprint / midget setup....
Of course! I've seen a rig like this that is supposed to minimize bump steer:
kxFjIZYZgtmTdMocB8rK0nyEYJf01UWfz9nN6oJKlYRXKFL3vO1xCYtdpR6U3zfwoRZK1SiP4gTWbxR8DjnEncgqNOU5IuFprlt8i0sJZfygShC_hTGVZ4gym6mGkAGNX8YqesfNXSML9_fdE9Op7ZSxW0OtYijLP5LQuEB2PjVkLVkaYxixPKv848t4qn_MBKakQIFM7twfwmX8xmF91hR2gDB6dwvFFQajqqg7KypmiHalwx8R_miUeTkDDghQDp9Ck7YWHYsGP_YtOOWnYX5MbuDl2unooWg50UCfAFCkw5TOMOxZu6zf2gNCYhpXf6-vjQ7cvvCGXSGWnsUgV5ufx7tuXL24tL_uZ8a8LVY6GYmoUGL-XFS5A_N40puiGEOiMExwXKvWfWbd6utT_PEj1m1rmZq2d0o44CmfkvJfU7qDnqct5tAVpYDGszfnfx_l76E013cPQqgENtDVPHamwesz7vAeS19UCZ-c7FOHqIMHS30geyDY5sRr6tkhoXznMUYeSgikLb83MiEepM2LhadCdxYf4skbM7_NnihVQHzqyFXFVcL8cMpmLwhnYNAKgDEHCj8-eNLKQm-Nt4b9bDrCh-bivFu8xQZR8xvdlo6tqlFcH7zSrGjerUhe9Xt2SD0FN6arKroU4hQNC7RO6WCwWgVwl6ETc2RUQlwJ4knaB879eoHWm2AHVAXJ8MFhFrPySTo-9AFLLQ=w480-h417-no

Seems as some are determined to re invent the wheel . Trouble is , most of those attempts end in failure , I've personally never seen a need to improve something that doesn't need improvement!!??

When I started putting this thing together in my head I'd always imagined it with a sectioned '32 grill behind the front axle. As a mock up I laid the full length grill in front of the axle leaned back, I am now thinking this is the way to go. It's different for a T and while I'm making up my own rules anything goes. It opens room to fit the water-to-air intercooler in front of the radiator. It cleans up the look. I think it's gonna stay.

Is this grill sectioned or full size in the pics above? Sectioned in height or width or both?

I like it. Will you add some 'fairing' at the sides to direct more air to the radiator, since the slanted grill shell exposes some open areas on the sides?

(Here's mine with the chopped grill.)
Paint frt b.jpg

Is this grill sectioned or full size in the pics above?

I believe it be a repro full size '32 grill, I was planning on doing the chopping myself when the time came.

I like it. Will you add some 'fairing' at the sides to direct more air to the radiator, since the slanted grill shell exposes some open areas on the sides?

That's about what I was planning for this one. We'll see what room is left after the intercooler is in place.

I believe it be a repro full size '32 grill, I was planning on doing the chopping myself when the time came.
Good I was hoping you would say that. When scaled down to fit the TBucket proportions it will an excellent choice!!!

Pete Chapouris was the "Pete" of Pete and Jakes.

That is correct, but Pete Eastwood was right there from the beginning with Pete and Jake's. Pete Eastwood and Pete Chapouris met when working at the legendary Blair's Speed Shop. Jake Jacobs and Pete Chapouris started Pete and Jake's along with Pete Eastwood and Eric Vaughn (who was also a Blair's guy).

Ok now! Where did the top come from? You are holding out on us! Lol

Maybe a little :) They are from a fellow T enthusiast that I'd found on facebook. He makes, sells and ships them out. I saw his top on his own T and needed to give it a shot.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back