cooters T bucket build

057_zps7nair9mo.jpg
060_zpsf47tkyor.jpg
063_zpszimmq6qp.jpg
sadler removing intake.
065_zpssh2wkre9.jpg
#6 piston.
066_zpsdunpf06d.jpg

sorry guys. been having laptop issues. gonna try and get rest of pics downloaded. all as well at coot n sons shop.

066_zpsmgtuppab.jpg
piston pin removal/ installation fixture.
002_zps3koqovgg.jpg
new slug
108_zpsp1od6dev.jpg
signed and ready.
110_zps5jj1xmrg.jpg
bottom end closed back up.
199_zpslhybaczz.jpg
cleaned and ready to install.

That Permatex Copper is the best. Good call.
Should put it on while it is still tacky.
That stuff stays tacky for days. I installed them within 30 minutes of application. Touched a spot the next morning to see how it felt and could still feel the tacky. Oh yea!!! It's good stuff. Tastes like crap too. Hold your breath

O.K. here are my questions.

1. How did you hone it ?

2. Why did the piston break ?

3. Is it running as we speak ?

4. How long did it take to repair ?

5. Did the boys flat rate the job ?

6. How much did they charge for labor ?

7. Anything else done to the engine while you were at it ?

Congrats, John

I'm probably not the best father of the year. I'm sure I probably fall short a lot of the time. I do the best I can. Thanks yall

Hey Cooter, what's it like sitting in that chair with a cold beer, while the boys work on the T?;)

It's fulfilling. Knowing they won't have to rely on someone else to fix their problem. Hope they become better mechanic than I am.

good morning yall. havin a little trouble with air pockets in engine for some reason. keeps puking my water out. as of now, i believe i have it solved. tried to post videos to photobucket and having trouble with that also.

I had that happen with one of my snowmobiles. Was the head gasket. compression stroke was pressurizing the coolant system.

If it's getting the benze from a leaking head gasket, it will usually show up because there will be bubbles in the coolant and can be seen through the radiator cap. Sometimes a coolant pressure test will not show it if it's a small leak. It also may seal itself after a few heat cycles. A re torque may be a thought. Also, one of my first jobs was re coring radiators, coolant system work. We used to use powdered aluminum stop leak in everything that we worked on, even with all new parts, been told that car manufacturers do it too. Just a thought. I've had them leak and tore them down to find the leak was due to the surface marks from having the head, block resurfaced when done on a mill. That was when using steel shim head gaskets, never seen that with fel pro blue, or similar.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back