Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Welcome back, Cooter! I was just thinking about your car the other day.

082_zpsbdcslu0l.jpg
117_zpsgz5ryxel.jpg
123_zpsde22ydnm.jpg

I figure now is the time to caution you about hearing protection for your boys.
Not as important as that "other" type of protection (just remember that they grow up sooo fast) but still important for their hearing.
Repeated gunfire, loud concerts, continued use of head phones at very high levels, LOUD CARS, motorcycles, etc., etc., etc..
The DB levels in a roadster for a couple of hours are damaging to hearing and need to be addressed.
Get your boys quality hearing protecters with printed DB reduction (get a set for yourself) and use them as an example to the boys.
To see what I mean, just get a set of hearing protection muffs and wear them for fifteen minutes while riding in the roadster. Then take them off while driving. The difference in wind noise will amaze you. Combine that with exhaust roar and getting and using hearing protection will become priority number 1.
Once you loose your hearing, it's gone . Once you have tinnitus (that ringing in your ears) it's there forever.

Then in a few years you can talk to them about girls.

John

I figure now is the time to caution you about hearing protection for your boys.
Not as important as that "other" type of protection (just remember that they grow up sooo fast) but still important for their hearing.
Repeated gunfire, loud concerts, continued use of head phones at very high levels, LOUD CARS, motorcycles, etc., etc., etc..
The DB levels in a roadster for a couple of hours are damaging to hearing and need to be addressed.
Get your boys quality hearing protecters with printed DB reduction (get a set for yourself) and use them as an example to the boys.
To see what I mean, just get a set of hearing protection muffs and wear them for fifteen minutes while riding in the roadster. Then take them off while driving. The difference in wind noise will amaze you. Combine that with exhaust roar and getting and using hearing protection will become priority number 1.
Once you loose your hearing, it's gone . Once you have tinnitus (that ringing in your ears) it's there forever.

Then in a few years you can talk to them about girls.

John
Huh, what did you say? Yep you are right. We seem to like loud things and it is really hard on your hearing. Being around machinery too, even the lawn mower.

I've gotten to wearing the soft ear plugs when in the rod - I will take them out in town when puttering around, but it makes a big difference on a long trip. We used to get out after a few hours and none of us could understand what the other were saying - felt like I was underwater. The soft plugs are cheap and I'd recommend the boys wear them (and you too) - they have a lot of living left to do and need their hearing! I didn't do it until my wife made me. I now do it even when she is not riding in the rod - :whistling:

Hmm......

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back