Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

091_zpsh6utkjlp.jpg

092_zpsbl2m3eko.jpg
I laid pencil across engine bellhousing and straitedge to transfer to firewall. is this how you would do this?

I use this method to transfer shapes. Like a kid's Spirograph, an assortment of different sized washers.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Works like a charm.

2-14-15 2.JPG

Why I like this Forum! There is always someone out there who can show you a cool way to do something. I mean that washer thing is the coolest.

Truer words never spoken.:thumbsup: Well at least in the last 30 minutes. :roflmao::whistling:

What is best for cutting my firewall now? Body saw, drimmel, sawzall. I dont wanna tear my body up. Aint got plywood yet so she is thin.

From wood working experience I would use a variable speed jig saw. Both the drimmel & sawzall are difficult to control. I have battery powered jig saw that is really easy to keep on the line.

I use 1mm cutting wheels in an angle grinder to get it close. They cut glass like butter.

grinder 1.jpg

Then finish it off with sanding drums.

drums.jpg

Just set up a fan and keep the rotation of the tools rotating away from you.

I have those cut off wheels and sanding drums. That what ill do. I used cut off to channel. Thanks again.

I'm mot even remotely near the time to try it out, but I've been wondering about using a RotoZip for rough cutting, then sanding drums in a cordless Dremel for fine tuning <shrug>

A RotoZip will work, but you gotta hold on for dear life. The bit wants to climb while you're pushing it along.

A RotoZip will work, but you gotta hold on for dear life. The bit wants to climb while you're pushing it along.

Welllll...scratch the RotoZip. I guess I'll probably go with a battery jig saw.

Unfortunately I'm going to have a lot of cutting to do. The previous owners of the body and track nose did a lot of very rough cutting that needs correcting...plus I'm going to have to do a door cutout.

Air - powered body saw for curves....cut--off wheels for staight ..... fine coping blades w/sawsall or jig saw work well but the blades don't last long..
dave

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back