Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Cooter, are you thinking of Plascore? The material Spirit is using in their bodies?

Now this stuff is a whole different story. You can squegee body filler or a mixx of resin and milled fibers into the cavities and glass over it.

View attachment 12011

Coroplas is I think a PVC or styrene material used for signage.
I have some coroplast signs I thought might be a good idea for lightweight strength for bed cap. I might just glass plywood to it.

Ya ever just set down and say to self. I just don't think I'm capable of spraying paint. I don't think I have enough sense to spray no car. More I talk to people bout this high build primer, guide coats, block sand, then regular primer, sand, final coat, clear coat.. I'm just tired... Indy is in 5 weeks and this car won't be there and I'm fine with that.. Good mind to put body on car just like it is and not even worry bout paint. Ain't like it's gonna rust. I'm done for the day. Heading to church to deep breath and relax. System overload

Cooter don't sweet it, you have come a long way with the car, and it looks great, take a brake and come to Indy anyway.

Paint is NOT a requirement for Indy!!! What is a requirement is that all participants have a good time, cruise some, bench race more, and laugh a lot! Stick the body on the frame, get it running, titled, insured, and head to Indy right after the 4th of July.

Be PITA but I'm setting body as is. Bodo spots every where.. Painting with body on gonna be fun.
When you get to it, it might not be too bad to mask. Get yourself a decent masking machine and some different size rolls of Paper and some plastic sheeting. The firewall would be the tuff one if its painted, many have some covering, stainless, chrome, whatever...as long as you planed ahead a little, it shouldn't be too bad to pull the body off. I have tried to plan for such with mine. I haven't done the wiring yet, but so far, six bolts, the pedal pads, accelerator linkage and steering link and it is free. I plan to add a bulk head or similar connector system to allow a disconnect of the electric to allow relative simple removal for service, etc... Indy isn't but about a five hour drive from me. I wanted to go last fall, but life happened. I want to go this year if things are in order. I will likely trailer my bike or maybe my little fiat to run around in since the bucket likely won't be ready. It will be close, but I have no illusion of it being on the road in time. Good luck Cooter!

I sure hate putting gauges in dash knowing I got to remove them to get it painted. Oh well. Rat rod it is.. Throw it together. I'll wear motorcycle helmet. Ain't got time for no windshield.

IMG_20160527_174524639_zpshhpf8wke.jpg
IMG_20160527_174536005_zpsmhncmh2s.jpg
bolted down and ready

If you know what color your painting the body, squirt some on your dash (tape under where your windshield is going) now you don't have to pull all the gauges out later or tape around them.

Cooter, the more I see of your build I'm very pleased to see that you are involving your boys in the build. It not only gives you time with the boys but they are learning skills that they can use down the road. Beside that, they are having times with you that will last them a lifetime. My hat's off to you!

Jim

Cooter, if I got inside my T the way you are My wife would have to call 911 to get me out. I'm also glad to see you and your two boys working together. They will remember this the rest of their lives. Good job

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back