Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

GRTS 2009-10 T-Bucket Build

Looks like you got it going on there. I can tell you we spent a lot of time developing the process so as to not waste any tubing at all.

Give me a call on the coil overs.

No school here today, there was some rivers out of the banks and roads were closed. We had several inches of rain overnight.

Steering gear Mount (Corvair)
Picture184.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Transmission mount
Picture188.jpg

Opps All that wood and i still messed this Up. I suppose the easy thing to do is shorten rear rods but, like where axle sets on body. Frame mod in our futher?
Picture187.jpg

Measure twice cut once.You could lengthen the frame a few inches it will be hidden anyhow. It is good to have mistakes with students it shows them the amount of time measuring is not wasting time during setup.

What is the correct king pin angle for 49-54 chevy spindles?? and should my target Camber angle be 0 Degrees??
We could sure use you help.

We Turned our attention to Front axle the last few days. We are using 49-54 chevy spindles and 2''x.250 tube
As per this pic posted to this form, we noched tube at 10degrees.

camber_angle.gif

Tbucketaxle009.jpg

Tbucketaxle006.jpg

Tbucketaxle021.jpg

I Think we should have cut them at around 5 degrees. Students even recognized a problem.

Tbucketaxle011-1.jpg

-5.1 or -5.2 camber seems like to much. I was thinking 0degrees should be my target.
Tbucketaxle017.jpg

Tbucketaxle016.jpg

What is the correct king pin angle for 49-54 chevy spindles?? and should my target Camber angle be 0 Degrees??
We could sure use you help.

We Turned our attention to Front axle the last few days. We are using 49-54 chevy spindles and 2''x.250 tube
As per this pic posted to this form, we noched tube at 10degrees.

camber_angle.gif

Tbucketaxle009.jpg

Tbucketaxle006.jpg

Tbucketaxle021.jpg

I Think we should have cut them at around 5 degrees. Students even recognized a problem.

Tbucketaxle011-1.jpg

-5.1 or -5.2 camber seems like to much. I was thinking 0degrees should be my target.
Tbucketaxle017.jpg

Tbucketaxle016.jpg
We have several axles to build tomorrow, I'll check it for you.

I do alignments at work and Zero is what you should be shooting for.You should be able to set the wheel on a flat surface an measure the angle of the surface on the spindle where it will be welded to.Then cut it at that many degrees to get zero.JMO

I do alignments at work and Zero is what you should be shooting for.You should be able to set the wheel on a flat surface an measure the angle of the surface on the spindle where it will be welded to.Then cut it at that many degrees to get zero.JMO

unsure.gif
I didn’t have enough hands to hold spindle ,parallel, level and take picture at the same time, but it’s dang close to 5 degrees.

Today’s Discovery:
Plans call for 7/16[sup]th[/sup] holes in batwings. Clevises have 3/8 hole. Seems to me .125 is a lot of unnecessary slop for suspension. One thread in this forum suggest to drill clevises and use 7/16 bolt. Or will I need this clearance? I haven’t drilled batwings yet. What do you guys say?

Update on axle. Re-notched to King pin boss to 5 degrees. After tacking, measured -.1 and -0.2 . It will be interesting to see after its welded good. Pic tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a safe and Marry Chistmas!!

I use 3/8 bolts and have yet to experience a problem with them. I wouldn't want any slop in the holes. Drilling the cleves'out would weaken them in my mind. JMHO

Ron

No school today. Auto body Instructor/Welder and I got together and Glue the pile of Misc. fabricated pieces together. Not quit a roller yet but gives me hope.
hooray.gif
Did discover other problems but will save for a couple more post.

Tbucketchassy030.jpg

Tbucketchassy032.jpg

Tbucketchassy026.jpg

Problem i told you about.
Tbucketchassy033.jpg

Looking GOOD! :wow:

Is anybody working on the floor yet of your body?
What product and equip. did you use for powder coating?

I would love to do our transmission.

Lee

Looking GOOD!
thumb.gif

Is anybody working on the floor yet of your body?

Spirit Body was bought with floor and bed attached.

What product and equip. did you use for powder coating?

Harbor Freight $100 will get you a good start. chrome powder was bought at powderbythepound.com. Some instructions and advise in the technical forums at the NTBA web site.

I would love to do our transmission.

Lee

No School Again Today. Snag with the caliper adapters. Caliper pins do not align correctly. I think i can cut the adapter part way through center, spread untill pins align, then reweld.

Tbucketchassy042.jpg

Tbucketchassy039.jpg

Tbucketchassy044.jpg

Tbucketchassy041.jpg

Tbucketchassy040.jpg

What have you come up with to solve the "spring problem"?

Ron

What have you come up with to solve the "spring problem"?

Ron

In short, Replace 29” speedway Front spring with a 26 “ Ron Pope Front spring. As Ted stated before in another thread, If you alter plans your are asking for grief. As it is now, the clearance between the front of the radius rods and the frame may be to close to sneak a shock in radius rod leg. I think the shock/Headlight mount I bought will have to be redesigned to point straight forward of the frame rail so I can use the lower shackle mount.
Anyone have pic’s of CCR chassis front shock setups?

Looks great, so did ya make engine sounds? :hi:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back