Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

GRTS 2009-10 T-Bucket Build

Looks great, so did ya make engine sounds?
thumb.gif

Well Bruce, I don’t remember making any noises other than when I climbed in. I do remember holding the imaginary steering wheel and thinking about what students reactions will be on recruiting day.

Note to self: Make video of me, sitting in car making engine noises.
rockn.gif

Too funny! I wonder if they'll still drive with thier hands at 10 and 2 when they actually take her out? :guard:

This weeks progress
Tbucketchassy019-1.jpg

Click to see slide show

Steer Question
Should i try to get away with this. Personal preference is not to have steering out front. Not sure won't side load or twist to much.

Tbucketchassy017-2.jpg

Tbucketchassy018-2.jpg
Tbucketchassy046.jpg

Drag Link is supost to be level. Right?????

And last, I forgot a few student in last video so here is the new one.
[media]
[/media]

My personal opinion is not to go with this spacer for the tie rod. For a fix I would bend the arms. You will lose some length in the process. If this is bothersome I'm sure Ron will cut you a set long enough to bend and still retain the desired length.

Ron

My personal opinion is not to go with this spacer for the tie rod. For a fix I would bend the arms. You will lose some length in the process. If this is bothersome I'm sure Ron will cut you a set long enough to bend and still retain the desired length.

Ron

Yea I agree that ain't gonna work, at least not for long. I can cut out some arms with real long ends and not put any holes in the end for you. What about putting the arms on the other side and put them toward the front of the axle? I know the akerman is wrong, but it still works OK.

ok, at least for the time being. I'm not sure the ego of a autotech teacher will be able to let akerman alone. anyway, New more parts for us to play with.

Tbucketchassy041.jpg

Tbucketchassy042.jpg

Also made first meeting with the cowtown t's. I've seen two of the members cars up close, Lees and and larry Johnson's. I 'm thinking they may want me to park down the block from this club.
thinkn.gif
Two great looking buckets.

Nice work :bubble:

This is way cool. every experience that these kids get in your class will transfer to something else later in life.........ruggs

This weeks progress.

700r4 rebuilt and powder coated

[media]
Tbucketchassis001-1.jpg
[/media]

[media]
Tbucketchassis002-1.jpg
[/media]

short block painted and Pan assembled. Heads powder coated and ready for valve job.

[media]
Tbucketchassis003-1.jpg
Tbucketchassis004.jpg

No School Again.

Tbucketchassis013.jpg

Mockup of Pedal / MC setup
If you see problems, please make comments.

Tbucketchassis009.jpg

Tbucketchassis010.jpg

Students torqued heads,adjusted lash and put intake on today.

[media]
Tbucketchassis020.jpg
[/media]

Progress Report 3-24-10

4 quarter and running out of time.

Front shock issue work out I think.

[media]
Tbucketchassis039.jpg
[/media]

Radiator coming around.

Tbucketchassis043.jpg

Tbucketchassis042.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back