Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

cooters T bucket build

Cooter I just bought some posts from Ron, I mounted them first and made a frame out of small square tubing to go behind dash to support column. will figure out windshield latter.

003_zpsvkrs1uyq.jpg
094_zpsl60tunjz.jpg
095_zpsqeuypj7z.jpg
096_zps5rcauhaw.jpg
097_zpsgok9hart.jpg
crap!!!!! drilling last 1/4" hole very carefully and then POW!!!! block of wood next time....

I think they look better without (cleaner). JMO. but, looks like you will have scratches if you don't use them.

I think they look better without (cleaner). JMO. but, looks like you will have scratches if you don't use them.
Front rims are new.. Rear 8's are fairly new but have scratches...pop came in shop and says same thing... I may try and fix the scratches...

Glad to see new pictures. I had heard a rumor that you had abandoned the bucket and were building a KIA low-rider or something....or did I dream that? Anyway, I can stop worrying now.

btw....looking good!

Glad to see new pictures. I had heard a rumor that you had abandoned the bucket and were building a KIA low-rider or something....or did I dream that? Anyway, I can stop worrying now.

btw....looking good!
im here for the long haul brother...runnin low on money and doin a lot of nothing... this little bit of work was free... thanks again for helpin me and jarrett on this build...

Front rims are new.. Rear 8's are fairly new but have scratches...pop came in shop and says same thing... I may try and fix the scratches...

What is the backspace on those 8" rear rims? The steel rims I've found to fit my oddball bolt pattern are 8" wide, with 4" backspace. Unfortunately I've not been able to find pics of that combo. Your's look good.

How are you going to fasten the mesh inside the shell?

I have two possible directions I can go with the front end on mine...a glass track roadster nose with aluminum grill, and a cool, rare, and excellent condition 1920 Hupmobile shell. If I do the Hupmobile shell, the radiator would set entirely behind the shell, with electric pusher fans hidden inside the shell. Without having the radiators inside the shell, to sandwich the mesh to the inside of the shell, I'd need some way to hold mesh in.

Lights behind my seat?
I was referring to the tail lights in the tub that pertruded inside behind the seat. I was going to use some lights in a similar mounting fashion, but the lamp holder seemed like it would interfere with the seat back. I was wondering if you had the same issue, that's all. Your progress looks good! keep it up.

im here for the long haul brother...runnin low on money and doin a lot of nothing... this little bit of work was free... thanks again for helpin me and jarrett on this build...

What is the backspace on those 8" rear rims? The steel rims I've found to fit my oddball bolt pattern are 8" wide, with 4" backspace. Unfortunately I've not been able to find pics of that combo. Your's look good.

I have two possible directions I can go with the front end on mine...a glass track roadster nose with aluminum grill, and a cool, rare, and excellent condition 1920 Hupmobile shell. If I do the Hupmobile shell, the radiator would set entirely behind the shell, with electric pusher fans hidden inside the shell. Without having the radiators inside the shell, to sandwich the mesh to the inside of the shell, I'd need some way to hold mesh in.
I bet there are some epoxy type adhesives that will bond the aluminum to the glass, but I have not had good results with glass and aluminum.

I bet there are some epoxy type adhesives that will bond the aluminum to the glass, but I have not had good results with glass and aluminum.

I wonder how well Super Glue would work on steel. Sometime back I saw a How To piece on putting mesh behind a plastic Jeep Cherokee grill. They used those little stick-on squares that zip ties are looped through for wiring management...but instead of relying on the sticky pads on the back of the squares, they Super Glued the squares all around the opening(s). Then they simply zip tied the mesh in place. <shrug>

040_zpsxgifhczf.jpg
042_zpslnjamx4s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
042_zpslnjamx4s.jpg
039_zpsedet9yza.jpg
bondo it in.. friend of mine liquid nailed his... ill make it pretty and black at later date..

I was referring to the tail lights in the tub that pertruded inside behind the seat. I was going to use some lights in a similar mounting fashion, but the lamp holder seemed like it would interfere with the seat back. I was wondering if you had the same issue, that's all. Your progress looks good! keep it up.
my lights are in bed... close fit but they clear tank good..long way from my seat.. you must not be useing a bed?

these are 4" BS

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back